Synergy smells oddly medicinal.
|—||You’re feeling like life’s kinda dumb, but then you learn that someone let Taylor Negron say this to a kid in a movie and everything’s a little better.|
I’ve been tagged by rebelarian and rhiannonward to do this, so here we are: 10 songs at random from my computer. Last time I did this, my browser crashed just as I was typing out the name for an eleven-second Olivia Tremor Control track. Let’s see if there’s anything that fun this time around:
1. Immaculate Machine, “C’mon Sea Legs”
2. Queens of the Stone Age, “Monsters in the Parasol”
3. PS I Love You “Get Over (Daytrotter Session)”
4. Loudon Wainwright III, “Bell Bottom Pants”
5. Water Liars, “Fake Heat”
6. Bruce Springsteen, “The River”
7. Elliott Smith, “Miss Misery”
8. Dr. Dre, “Deez Nuuuts”
9. Robert Pollard, “The Blondes”
10. The Flaming Lips, “The W.A.N.D.”
Odds are always good when going through my songs on shuffle you’ll hit a Bob Pollard song sooner rather than later.
|—||Mike McCahill. “As Above, So Below, review”. The Telegraph.|
A pal has been talking up how great his current read of Brideshead has been, so I’ve decided to jump back into some Waugh for a bit.
Starcrash (Luigi Cozzi, 1979)
Showing at the RPL Film Theatre for Talkies on October 21.